September 6, 2026
Well, I wish I could say that we were able to write that we both slept better. But that was not the case. I even took ibprofen which usually helps me to sleep better. I was awake at 1:30 but I think I fell asleep a little after 9 PM. Anyway…all good. I laid awake following the BYU blow out game. I read a chapter in the book I’m reading called ‘Torn’. I researched public transportation in Dublin. Just stuff. I tried to go back to sleep. But no luck. My body got rest but my mind did not. All good.
The high priority of the day was to be to the cruise ship by noon. But because we could not see the Christus statue in the Church of our Lady yesterday, we agreed that we would meet there at 9 AM and that we probably would not have time to go out to the temple and attend our church services there. We arrived as planned at the Church of our Lady as planned and saw the amazing statues there. The Christus was at the head of the chapel with all the original Apostles down the side. One thing very interesting was that Peter, in his right hand is holding keys? Why, one might ask. Well, Peter was given all the keys to the priesthood that Christ bestowed upon him before His crucifixion. To us, as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, this is very important. We believe those PH keys were lost as the ancient apostles died off and the power to act in His name was lost. Thus, we believe that the priesthood and those keys were restored as part of the restoration process through Joseph Smith. Anyway, pretty interesting that Peter is depicted that way.
After spending about 15 minutes there, all alone, we felt like we could get back to our hotels, retrieve our luggage and head to the temple where the chapel was and attend church services there. So off we all went going to our hotels. Well, Denise and I just missed the bus we needed and had to wait another 15 minutes. This cost us and so we did not arrive until 10:18…18 minutes late. Bummer. Nonetheless, we made it and enjoyed the bearing of testimonies in danish no less. I didn’t understand a word except when a few senior missionaries bore theirs in english. After the services ended at 11, we decided to take public transportation to the ship. This consisted of about 4 connections…a bus ride to the metro, the M3 metro to a connection with the M4 metro. Then once near the port, we got off and took another bus to the ship terminal. We arrived at around 12:20.
The ship boarding process went fairly well and before we knew it we were in our room, a balcony. It is the first time we’ve ever had a balcony. And we are amazingly please with it. Should be nice to have as we go through fjords in Norway. We then headed to put the cruise feed bag on…the ship’s buffet. We enjoyed a yummy lunch. After eating, we were all pretty tired so we went back to our rooms and took naps. That felt so good. At around 5:30, we got up and started to tour the ship before sitting down to eat at 6 pm. The ship is pretty amazing. Really differently designed than other ships we’ve been on. Bowling Alley, F1 cars, indoor swimming pool and hot tubs, indoor sports court and so on. It appears that there are lots of eateries. But most cost. We are still figuring out the boat though. So we shall see.
After dinner, we headed to the evening show which as a show pretty much based on lighting technology. It had a number of performers, about 18, that danced, sang and did acts with lights and lasers. It was pretty fun.
I’m now writing this in a lounge listening to big band disco music. It’s pretty nice. They have singers with the big band that has an 18 piece orchestra. Really fun. Well we are off cruising again. It was really nice to unpack and know we don’t have to live out of suit case for 7 nights.
Here are some pictures:














No comments:
Post a Comment