September 7, 2026
Finally a good nights sleep! I did take a Melatonin pill and it seemed to help. Anyway it was fun waking up, opening the shades and having a full view of the North Sea. Looking out from inside it looks really cold out there. But, when opening the door, the air is not that bad. It’s probably in the 50’s I would guess. The sea is a bit choppy and the boat is moving more than I’ve felt in past cruises.
I’m once again writing this in the Carousel Lounge waiting for the Big Band again. This time it will be the swing genre. Our day has been fun. We started the day in the dining room for breakfast. The food is pretty good but the service, especially at breakfast was quite bad. It just seemed like our table sat in a place where the servers stopped just short. After eating we went to a ‘name the price’ trivia type activity. It challenged us as it had to be priced in euros. So we were constantly having to adjust from dollars to euros. It wouldn’t have mattered as our pricing was always quite high.
After failing on pricing, we put our swim suits on and went to the hot tubs in the indoor pool area. That felt quite good just soaking in the warm water.
But the highlight of the day activities was being taught the Cha, Cha, Cha. Boy did Kim and I tear a rug up with our moves. We led Denise and Ilene so gracefully that Kim’s blood sugar went real low and I could barely stay awake. We did make it through a couple of rounds of dancing with the music. It was kinda fun.
After lunch, we each went back to our room to take a rest. We were to meet with Kim and Ilene at 3 PM for a Win it in a minute challenge. But Denise and I fell asleep and didn’t wake up until it was way over. I had to text them to see if they made and they had. So embarrassing. But once we fully woke up, we met them in the buffet and played some cards. That was fun.
Tonight was formal dinner night followed by a couple of great shows. The main show was a Rock and Roll show that we all loved. You know, we grew up in an era with the best music! It was awesome to go through a myriad of rock and roll songs. The even did Stairway to Heaven from Led Zepplin.
As I said earlier, I’m writing this from the lounge where they Big Band is going through some of the old swing tunes. That, too, takes me back to my high school days since we played many of these swing tunes in our band classes. The talent on the ship has been really quite good. The singers have all had amazing voices. And this band is really good.
Lastly, we sat through an education of Norway and its history. That was really fun since the next 3 days will be spent visiting Norway fjords. We are excited to see the beauty of this country and experience a bit of its culture.
Some pictures:











No comments:
Post a Comment